“Getting to know you,
getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you,
getting to hope you like me.
Haven’t you noticed,
suddenly I’m bright and breezy?”
Because of all the wonderful and new things
I’m learning about you day by day…
Lyrics: Getting To Know You, King & I
Happy Weekend everyone!
SURVEY TIME!!!!! Please take a few minutes to help make this a better site by answering five questions!
Last week, Melissa Donovan suggested that we do a question and answer post so that our faithful readers and new readers can ask questions and also suggest topics for future posts. I love the idea.
My plan for the blog is that during the week here L.L.I. I will post new and original posts of an inspirational nature and during the weekend I will do more free form posts of my favorite poetry, quotes, guest blogs (perhaps) or share my thoughts and ideas, or just have updates and conversations. So it seems like the perfect time and place for a question and answer post. Since we are as new as a baby’s bottom, we reserve the right to grow and shapeshift a little as readers share brilliant and wonderful ideas like Melissa did. Thanks Melissa!
So, I have some questions I would like to ask, and I would like your answers, so please respond. Then ask, ask, ask away any questions you have for me, and make any and as many suggestions you have for improving this blog. I have a very thick skin and you aren’t going to hurt my feelings or scare me away. I am very committed to keeping this going, and would really appreciate the feedback and support.
I am really struggling with the technical side of blogging as some of my blogging friends know. It has taken me three weeks to get my blogroll up there and I just got it there last night. Now I have to find the time to add in my favorite sites! Coming soon! But the tech side is coming, inch by inch… and I will prevail, I’m nothing if I’m not stubborn!
Ok, on to the questions!
1) Comments: There are a lot of people visiting this site according to the stats, and the majority of you are lurking. Why? What do I need to do to make you feel more like commenting? I’ll take responsibility for it, but I would like to know what to change to make this a more interactive site where you all want to hang out and chat with each other.
2) What topics would you like to see covered here? Please give me any and all suggestions you have for improving L.L.I Are you more interested in hearing about inspiring people? Problem solving? How-to’s? Are you tired of lists? Want more lists? Please share.
3) What do you feel makes L.L.I stand out as being different or unique from other sites you visit. Does it have a character or a “branding” that is different that you could put in words?
4) What has been your favorite post so far and why?
5) What do like best about L.L.I. and what keeps you coming back as a repeat reader?
Thank you for taking the time to read and answer these questions. I promise that I will take the time to answer your questions too. In addition, to answering them in the comment section this time, I am going to compile them into next weekend’s post, so come back for part two!
Finally, thank you everyone for being here. I am having the time of my life at Life’s Little Inspirations. I may be the one being inspired the most by everyone’s kindness, willingness to share, and support. I have met wonderful people in the past month who already feel like life-long friends and who have helped this project along so much. Saying thanks to everyone just doesn’t seem to be enough…but…
thanks gang, I’m glad we’re all in this together.